Thursday, August 16, 2012

moving & library cards & crazyness

Here we are... zoomin along through August!  My baby is 3, my oldest nephew just started school today, & we are moving to a 1st floor apartment this weekend.

Sooooo not looking forward to that last bit.

I'll be "happy" when it's all over & done with.  Just gotta do it.  I haven't packed anything back up - and I'm debating whether or not I will.  We're just moving downstairs and across the courtyard.  I'll prolly just take my laundry baskets, pack em, & dump em.

I don't know if apartment living will ever live up to my high standard.  Moving from a house to an apartment is super-weird.  Neighbors.  Noise.  Taking groceries in.  No garage.  It's a hassle.  I guess I took for granted living in a house. 

Reality check!

I have something to look forward to though.  My wonderful sister (in-law) and her husband come for a visit from Ohio every year.  This year, though, they are making their trip later because she is working on her candidacy for her phd (yah, she's super smart!) - but will be here for Thanksgiving.  In fact, the whole family will be here!  First time in a few years that's ever happened.  So, that will be lovely.  

Still bumming that she wont be here to go to the Renfest - we are super nerdy and that is a yearly event we go to!  Someday, we will sew our own dresses and go all dolled up!

I'm gonna see about making a little roadtrip up to see her sometime after we move.  She's super stressing about the candidacy & I just miss her like crazy.  Even though we talk every day & play world of warcraft with our family together.  Did I mention we're nerds?  That's alright, I'll own it!

~~~

Library card!  I have one!  I have a Kindle and am pretty excited to check out some books for the kindle.  Too bad I have to put a hold on all my favorites - seems they are other people's favs, too.  Let's continue the nerd-talk... I'm a super big fan of Harry Potter.  I can't tell you how many times I read those books.  And now you can get them as ebooks!  :::dances little jig:::  

~~~

Crazyness is the name of my life these days.  I have NO idea what I'm doing.  And that's ok.  I think.  Gonna start potty training soon... omgomgomg... I have NO idea what I'm doing.  o wait, I said that already

Have you ever noticed how life doesn't wait for you to be ok or to figure out what the heck you're supposed to do?  It just keeps on spinning.  Just gotta remember that God is in control... if you let him.  Much easier said than done.  All I know right now is that I desperately need to find a new church home.  Maybe that will ease some of the crazyness that is my life.  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove any comments that are disrespectful/hateful. Thanks for understanding!

xoxo