Sunday, August 19, 2012

Slacking

Yeah, yeah, I know I have some catching up to do.  I have two days worth of Unglued challenge days to catch up on and a day of the Dietrich Bonhoeffer 40 day journey to read and reflect on.  But I have a semi-good reason for my slacking!

We decided NOT to move!


So, I got the keys to the new apartment, and after Kenzie's nap, we took a little walk over to go check it out.  Maintenance was there fixing the carpet in the back room, so I didn't take a really good look - just glanced through.  


I wasn't impressed.  I had to go take a second look with my sister-in-law to double check that I, indeed, did not see any linen closets.  So, no linen closets (I currently have two) and both the bathrooms were pretty much suckage.  No drawers under the sinks and the counters were UBER small.  


All that added up to me just saying that our neighbors can suck it and get over themselves.  I'm staying put!  I really didn't want to move all my stuff again anyway.  Maybe in a year, after our lease is up, we can find a house or duplex to rent.  Then I might be willing to move.  Depends on how "the neighbors" are.  


Then, we tried a new church today!  It is HUGE.  And I feel like a dumdum because I looked on their website, and up at the top in small print, had the times of services.  I thought it said Sundays 10am.  So, we get there a few minutes before 10 and it's packed.  We parked, like, a football field distance away, got inside and Drew said that he saw a sign saying service times were 9am and 11am.  Oops.  Yeah, their other campus starts at 10.  


But that's ok.  We got Mackenzie checked in to the children's area - which was really big and the gal in charge was super friendly.  Then we popped in for the rest of the message.  We missed all the worship, but we'll go back next week for the entire service.  :-)  The pastor was incredible.  I haven't been that captivated by a sermon in a LONG time.  So it was a nice change of pace.  I'm looking forward to next week!


And what made things a bit sweeter this morning was seeing an old friend from my Washington DC summer. I was only there for 2 1/2 months, I think, with the Nazarene program Youth in Mission, and he was there the entire summer.  But I got to know him a bit, found out he's from KC, too, and ended up keeping in touch.  Had a random bump at an ice cream place a few years ago, but hadn't seen him since.  Was a nice surprise to see him and his wife walk up to say hey this morning.  Ended up standing and talking for a good 15 minutes.  God is good!


So, yeah.. back to my slacking.  I'll work on it tomorrow and get Day 2 of the Unglued Challenge up.  Check back tomorrow and join me in discussion!  As for tonight, I'm off to watch The Hunger Games!  Eeee!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove any comments that are disrespectful/hateful. Thanks for understanding!

xoxo