Thursday, August 9, 2012

New beginnings.

Hey there.  I'm not exactly new to the blogosphere.  I've tried it a few times & never really stuck with it.  I have a friend named Jen, and she encouraged me to get out there and just DO it!  So, here I am.  ;-)

I have a story that I want to tell.  At the end of my life, I hope it's a testament of my faith in God, even through life's ups & downs.  I've had my share of ups & downs & I haven't always leaned on God.  It's weird, because I believe in God & I know he loves me - but letting go of the controls is so hard!  Much easier said than done.  Sounds so cliche, but it's true.  So, anywhoodles, here's a quick (I think) rundown of my life story.


It all started in California - Orange, to be exact - on April 27th (should I admit it the year??) ok... 1985.  Can I brag & say I was a cutie patootie??  Oh, I think I just did.  Ah, well.  My family moved from Southern Cali to Northern Cali around when I was entering kindergarden.  We were involved in church (I can't remember a Sunday we didn't attend) & we sang in the children's choir.  I made some incredible friends who I still count among my small group of close friends today.  Even though I don't see or talk to them often, when I do, it's like no time has passed!


Fast forward to 1996, I was uprooted, had to leave my bird with my best friend, & moved across the country to a little ol' state called Kansas.  :-)  I have a smiley face here because I can smile after the fact.  Going through those experiences, I wouldn't dare enter a smiley!  My cat ran away (for 2 months - or 54 days to be exact, lol), I started battling depression & I had difficulty making new friends.  Between my sister & I, I'm definitely the introvert!  We moved to good ol' Missoura in 1997 & life started falling into place.  It wasn't always a bed of roses (like any teenagers life is, hah!) but I made friends, joined colorguard (the spinning flag, rifle, sabre, dance thing - not the army stuff) & breezed through high school.  


Blah blah, broke my toe in a jetski accident in 2003, blah blah met the love of my life, blah blah, got married... shush, I'm trying to shorten this already whopping story!  Drew and I were wed on June 2nd, 2006 - just celebrated our 6 year anniversary!  We bought our first home in 2007, had our first baby (more on that story later) in 2009, sold our first home this past July, & are now living in an apartment for a few years while saving up to buy a house the right way!


So, that's that.  Now you know pieces of my life story.  I see this blog as being mostly therapeutic to me, but also, I hope that it inspires someone.  It will be a cross between a "mommy blog" & the things I love the most - my faith, makeup, fashion, & anything else I can think up!  I think my next post will be dedicated to the most traumatic, but at the same time amazing, story of my life - the birth of my daughter, Mackenzie.  So stay tuned!


xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Yay for blogging! I <3 U, Meghan.... So glad you're blogging again. It IS very theraputic, getting stuff out there and off of your chest. Woo to the Hoo Hoo for blogging and overcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wtg meghan!!!! I am your first follower :). What a neat way to get to know my niece in law:)

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to remove any comments that are disrespectful/hateful. Thanks for understanding!

xoxo