Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Screaming

My body is screaming.

I started a new journey today.  Ever heard of C25K?  It's supposed to be able to turn a couch potato into a 5k running machine within 9 weeks.

Yeah... I think I need to do some more walking.  My body isn't a fan of me right now!

Normally, the only time I run is if someone is chasing me - or I want a cupcake carrot - or if I'm frantically searching for my daughter after she escaped the apartment the morning of her birthday looking for Drew & the car when he went to the grocery store for donuts & cupcakes (but I'll tell you about that one later) - like this:



Looks like it might take me a while to get this bootay back in shape.  Although, like my dad said to me this afternoon, I've never been a runner.  Might've been my heart, as we have no idea when the cardiomyopathy started or how it started, or it could just be that I've NEVER BEEN A RUNNER.

Let's change that!  My goal is to jog most of a 5k on my little sister's sweet 16th birthday, October 13th!  And it'll be for a good cause - so that's a plus!

What do you do for keeping in shape?  Any running tips for me?

Happy Tuesday!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Awww, you said "Little sister!" That sounded so weird coming from you. I kinda like it!

    Okay... so start out running, going easy. Warm up walk for 4 minutes, then run 1, walk 3, run 1, walk 3, until you get the 3.1 miles of a 5K in. Then the next week, run 1.5 minutes, walk 3, run 1.5, walk 3, etc. etc. Then the next week, increase the running, decrease the walking. YOU can DO it. Don't forget your water, warming up & cooling down. And use good shoes. They are a must. And a good sports bra. That is a must.

    Love you~

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to remove any comments that are disrespectful/hateful. Thanks for understanding!

xoxo