Monday, September 24, 2012

Hey, it's Monday!

So, I'm really stinking at keeping this updated and keeping up with the few link ups that I've found and enjoy.  I thought about doing my pinterest one last Wednesday, sat down to look around the website, and felt completely uninspired.  Then, Friday, I don't know what happened.  I've been in that funk and haven't felt like doing much of anything I usually enjoy so much.  On the bright side, I did finally make an appointment with my doc, so I should hopefully get my moods sorted out soon. 

BUT, it's Monday, and I'm suddenly feeling inspired again!  So, once again, I'm linking up with the doll Kate from Classy Living for another episode of GBU (good, bad, ugly) for a little weekend recap!  Let's see if I can remember much from my weekend...

The Good ~
I just started a new workout regime - 8 weeks of training to build up to walking a 5k.  Yeah, I know it doesn't sound very impressive... but folks, I haven't done much cardio since high school/beginning of college when I was last in colorguard.  I was never a runner.  Never.  So, when I was trying to start up the C25K, I about killed myself and almost lost all interest and belief that I would ever do a 5k.  My husband found a training site with walks and showed it to me.  This is what it looks like.  I'm not doing it exactly like it says, since Tuesdays and Thursdays are days I work.  So, we tweaked it a bit so that I'm doing my short & easy walks on Mondays and Wednesdays, then Friday is my longer distance walk & Saturday is my LONG walk.  I started Friday with an easy 15 min walk & then went to a park nearby for Kenzie to play while my MIL and I did 1 1/2 mile walk.  Yesterday (Sunday), I went for an hour.  By myself.  No music.  Just me, God and His beautiful world.  It was heaven!  But anyway, before I babble on forever and ever, I'm now on track for my tweaked training.  Did 15 min again with my MIL and will take a rest day tomorrow.  I feel good, if not a bit sore.  :-)  i'mgonnaloseweighti'mgonnaloseweight and be HEALTHY!

The Bad ~
We missed church (again) yesterday.  I was so mad at myself!  My sister-in-law sent me a book to try out and I was hooked.  So, I got up at 7 with Mackenzie and started a movie for her while I woke up.  I ended up finishing my book and looked at my phone & it was 8.  Church starts at 9 where we are visiting trying to find a new church home.  I still needed a shower & Mackenzie needed her bath.  UGH.  **note to self: either bathe Kenzie in the evening or get off your lazy butt and start getting ready at 7.  ***another note to self: pace yourself while reading... the apartment looks like a war zone because it has been so neglected while I was captured by the book.  :-P

The Ugly ~
My whole moods thing is so ugly.  About that doctor appointment I finally made?  Yeah, she can't get me in until October 1st.  I'm staring at the calendar trying to wish away those days to make it come faster.  I just want to be happy.  And I know, I have the power to be happy or be sad or be really ugly & angry.  :-)  But having dealt with this nasty depression crap since '96, I know when it's time to get a new med and try something new.  So, here's hoping some new meds & possibly finding something I love doing (or starting nail tech school part time [more on that later]) will bring about a new & happier me.  & getting in shape.  That'd be loverly, as well.  :-)



Classy Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove any comments that are disrespectful/hateful. Thanks for understanding!

xoxo