Monday, September 17, 2012

weekend recap: the good, the bad & the ugly

It's Monday.  I never work on Mondays - so they are usually decent days.  Like, this morning, Kenzie and I watched some good, ol' Phineas & Ferb and I read some more on my kindle.  We just had lunch (bagel bites) and now Kenzie is down for her nap.  Ah, peace & quiet.

So, I'm linking up today, for the first time, with Kate at Classy Living for GBU (the good, the bad & the ugly).  I recently found Kate through a different link up and just had to "follow" her.  She seems like an absolute doll!  & she's a fellow sister in Christ.  :-)  


Classy Living


Anywho, this post is all about the past weekend.  So, here goes!

The Good ~

I got some free tickets to the Kansas City area Renaissance Festival through an old friend from high school.  My mom and I went Sunday afternoon as part of our annual tradition of "mom n meg" time.  It was great!  Got a delicious turkey leg while we watched our favorite show of "Bob the Incredible Juggler" - seriously, we see his show ever. year.  Also included in my "have to eat every trip to the renfest" was my favorite chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick!  Then, my mom and I went for matchy-matchy and got a wrap you tie around your waist that jingles when you walk.  Snazzy!  (mine is purple, mom's is brown.)

The Bad ~

Well, the reasons to this "bad" aren't necessarily bad, but nonetheless... We went to a carnival at my parent's new church Saturday.  It was completely free - free hot dogs, nachos, bottled water/sodas, cotton candy - everything was free.  No catch.  I guess they started it as a thank you to the community for allowing this humongous church in the middle of the neighborhood.  Anyway, that's not the bad part - just have to set it up.  The carnival was incredible - tons of blow ups and jump houses and rides and ponies and, and, and - but it was smack-dab in the middle of nap time!  Kenzie took a tiny catnap on the way there... like, fell asleep about 5 minutes away from my parent's house where we were picking up my mom.  So, needless to say, she was very pleasant to be around the rest of the day.  :-)

The Ugly ~

I have been extremely hormonal lately - that, combined with needing to see my doctor to switch up my anti-depressants does not equal a pretty picture.  I have had several "freak-out" moments this weekend.  I've been angry for silly reasons or no reason at all that I can figure out.  So, pretty much, I've been an ugly broad this weekend. :-(

Well, I think that's about it... hope you all have a great rest of your Monday!

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hey, cut yourself some slack, eh? You are dealing with a LOT.... So, ease up on yourself, okay?

    I had a great time on Sunday.... and Saturday. Love you much~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh thanks for the adorable little shout out! I'm so glad you linked up today! :)

    Your weekend sounds like a ton of fun. Special bonding moments with mom are the best, aren't they? And I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues. I'll be praying for you!

    Happy Monday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers... they are so appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Would love to see a pic of the wraps! They sound like fun.

    Thanks for being so open about your "Ugly"... medications are tricky to get right sometimes. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom took a pic with her phone... I'll have to take a looksie and see if she ever got it uploaded to facebook!

      Delete

I reserve the right to remove any comments that are disrespectful/hateful. Thanks for understanding!

xoxo