Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Friday!

Happy Friday, y'all!  & what a wonderful Friday it is!  besides my washer breaking last night & my car smelling like rotten eggs and not having the money to fix/replace either of those... but that's another story for another day.  I don't have a typical H54F post... I can't think of 5 awesome things that happened this week.  But what I do have more than makes up for my lack of happyness.  ;-)  So, once again, I'm linking up with the adorable Lauren From My Grey Desk for another High Five for Friday post!


I OFFICIALLY HAVE A NEW SISTER!!  She was "born" at 10am this morning in a courthouse downtown Kansas City.  A beautiful, bouncing, blue-eyed, blonde-haired, teenage GIRL!  Her name is Victoria.  Say "Hiiii Victoria!!"  She's been living with my parents since February.  She's had a rough life - being adopted from Russia when she was 4 - that didn't work out - been a ward of the state for the past few years - and now she's MY sister!  God works in amazing ways.  Truly.

It was a beautiful "ceremony."  Just a normal court proceeding - but tears were shed by nearly everyone.  The judge shed a few, which he said hasn't happened in nearly 18 years.  My mom wrote a letter to Vic, & Vic wrote her "vows" to my parents and my sister, Dyan, & I.

The top right picture is us.  My sisters and me.  From the left it's me, Dyan & Victoria.  Bottom left is Victoria - taken by my mom on the way to the courthouse this morning.  Isn't she adorable??  So, now I'm getting ready to head to my parent's house to help get food ready for the "Gotcha" shower that we're having tomorrow.  Instead of a baby shower.  Cause she's not a baby - technically.  In reality, she very much is... she's experiencing life like she's never had the opportunity to do so before.  It's so cool to watch.  :-)

Aside from all my awesome, mushy family stuffs, I got my Birchbox this week!  I'll write up my review of the products later for you.  But here's a sneak peak of the polish I got.  It's called "Insta-this."  I LOOOOVE it!

That's it for now... I'll be sure to take pics of the party tomorrow!  Have a wonderful day!

Photobucket


xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Victoria IS adorable, and I think it's so awesome that your family has adopted her!

    So sorry about the broken washer and lack of funds to fix it...been there, done that! I'm not a fan of the laundromat!

    Love the blue fingernails!

    Do stop by my blog and say hello...this is my first time participating in High 5 for Friday and I need encouragement! :D

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life
    I'm giving away a gorgeous Soft Surroundings top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your new family member! how exciting and awesome is that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we got the same nail polish in our birch boxes!! :) i love it!

    xo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to remove any comments that are disrespectful/hateful. Thanks for understanding!

xoxo