Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back in the swing with a "friend" to join me

Back from our mini-vacation/roadtrip!  It's good to be home and to sleep on our nice bed instead of an air mattress.  Back to our extremely messy apartment - to find a letter from our apartment complex that we need to have toys picked up and under sinks cleared out because sometime today, between 9 and 5, they are coming in to do pest control.  Ugh.

So, we did a quick sweep of the apartment, got unpacked and got a load of laundry done.  There's still a lot to do, but it's good enough for what they are coming in for today.  And, as luck would have it, I have a friend joining me today.  His name is Allergies or Cold.  

Sneezy, itchy, drainage (yuck), sore throat, stuffy nose.  Fun.

I'm back at the office today... was late as usual.  Good thing I work for my dad and he loves me and won't fire me.  At least I hope not.  I can't ever seem to get here on time.  Every once in a while, I'll come in right at 9.  I have yet to do my main Tuesday project - payroll.  I have the timesheets sitting in front of me, but I procrastinate.  It's super hard to get back into the swing of things after time away.  

Our time in Ohio was nice.  Mackenzie handled the trip really well.  It helped that we could watch movies.  But we had a great time visiting with family.  Got to see where my sis works, so that was fun.  Had lots of good food.  Visited German Village and waited around 2 hrs to get in to a sausage place.  I had a ham & cheese sandwich on a pretzel bun (delish!) with green beans and spaetzel (which are little pasta things... really yummy!).  But I was in a bad mood from waiting so long and having to try to keep a 3 yr old entertained and not go crazy.  Managed the first two, but I think I lost some sanity that night.  I'm not very good at trying new things, so when we finally got to sit down, I was overwhelmed with all the "weird" things and couldn't concentrate and nothing looked or sounded good.  Finally settled on the ham n cheese and was pleasantly surprised.  I don't like pretzels, so I was going out on a limb.

~~~

The puppy.

She's SO freaking adorable.  At 9 weeks, she was 19.2 lbs.  She's a big puppy, but she's a fluff ball and loves playing with Mackenzie.  She was a good girl on the way home, too.  Only cried for a little bit when we first left Monday morning, but after that she was quiet, except for the occasional squeak of her toys.  :-)

Just chillin'

Forever Friends

So, that's about it.  Mackenzie was very excited about "take MY puppy home."  I gained around 5 lbs on the trip... time to get back to losing some weight.  I also caved and drank soda while there.  So, back to water for me!  

How was your Labor Day weekend?  Anything exciting?  Any weight loss tips for me??  :-)

xoxo

1 comment:

I reserve the right to remove any comments that are disrespectful/hateful. Thanks for understanding!

xoxo